- God is able to communicate to mankind clearly, and He told us that He created in six days. So, I believe Him. God can not lie (Titus 1:2, Hebrews 6:18)
- God said that death entered the world because of the sin of Adam & Eve (Genesis 2:17, Romans 5:12). Evolution claims that there were millions and perhaps billions of years of death before man came about.
- If death did not enter because of sin (as evolution claims), then the sacrifice of God’s only Son, Jesus on the cross could give us not victory over death, only sin. But the Bible says that those that believe in Christ not only have their sins forgiven, but also be given eternal life (John 3:36; 11:25-26, 1 Corinthians 15:20-22)
- If we evolved, then there is no basis for morality. If there is no moral law-giver, then there are no moral laws. If there are no moral laws, then mankind can do what we want to others. If you take evolution to its logical conclusion, then rape, incest, abuse, racism, and murder are all neutral choices. They are not right or wrong because there is no supreme being to determine universal right and wrong. The Bible says, “In the beginning God” (Genesis 1:1). Before anything He was there. He is our Creator (Psalm 102:25). He determines truth, right and wrong, and all moral absolutes.
- If we evolved, then Jesus was a liar, not God, and Christianity is false. When asked about marriage in Matthew 19, Jesus refers in verses 4-5 to the Genesis account of God making male and female and He gives the foundation of marriage. If we evolved, then Jesus’ foundation for marriage was false, thus Him establishing marriage to be heterosexual only would be in question as well. But, He is God. He proved that by doing what no one person has ever done: resurrect from the dead. So, since He is God, then His referring to the Genesis account of creation establishes it as true.
- Because we wear clothes. The reason we wear clothes is not only to keep us warm, but to hide our nakedness. Adam and Eve began this after they had sinned against God (Genesis 3:7). Clothing began in the garden of Eden. If there was no such thing as sin, clothing would not be necessary. But, because of sin, we wear clothing. In today’s world we tend to wear less clothing (especially the women). This trend contributes to the increase of sin (adultery, lust, fornication, rape, pornography, etc). While wearing more clothing would not totally prevent sin, because sin is in the heart of each person, it would reduce many difficulties and evils in our world. More marriages would not end in divorce, teens pregnancy would decrease, as well as many other evils in our world.
- We are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27). We are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14), and before we were born God knew us (Jeremiah 1:5). We were made for a purpose: to glorify God forever (Psalm 96:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31). We are God’s special creation. We can have a relationship with Him. If evolution were true, then we would be nothing more than acts of random chance with no purpose, and no real reason to keep on living. A indirect fruit of evolution is suicide. A God-centered person, would not see themselves as an accident.
- Noah’s flood (Genesis 6-8). Not only did it occur, but it was worldwide. There are many evidences for it today including the fossil record and the grand canyon, as well as many cultures in our world today have early records of the flood account in their history (written and oral). Not all the cultures tell the same story nor do they give the same reason for it as the Bible, but they are there. Only if the flood were true would something like that occur.
- We are all related to Adam (Romans 5:12, 1 Corinthians 15:45). This means there is only one race. We are all created by God equally. There are no “primitive” cultures that have not evolved yet. In the past, some evolutionist have sadly claimed that certain cultures like the Aborigines in Australia were less evolved humans than those in Europe and North America. This is the seed of racism.
- The Bible is true. Evolution seeks to dismantle the teaching of the first book of the Bible. If Genesis is wrong, then it is all wrong. But, God has given us His word which is trustworthy, and pure (Psalm 119:140, Proverbs 30:5). It is good for our lives (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Evolution is a religion that seeks to change the truth of God for a lie (Romans 1:25). Both Creationist scientists, Intelligent design scientists, and evolutionary scientists all look at the same evidence. It’s not the evidence that makes evolution a possible truth. It’s the philosophical disposition an evolutionary scientist has when they look at the evidence. Creation scientist do the same. They begin with “In the beginning God” (Genesis 1:1). This debate is not about science versus religion as many think. It is really religion versus religion. Evolution is not more scientific. It just has control over all the schools and has the power to keep scientists with intelligent design and creation points of view from having too much influence.
I recommend watching 3 documentaries that deal with this debate. Expelled by Ben Stein. Unlocking The Mystery of Life. The Privileged Planet. They will open your eyes to my point #11.
These 11 reasons could be developed much more. But for time sake I will stop here. I encourage your comments. I leave you with my life verse which has helped me in many ways: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
Leave a Reply